The session will focus on the key skills used to resolve and diminish usual office conflicts and propose a systematic methodology (inspired by Mediation skills) which cannot only resolve key issues faced in office settings, but also help motivate staff, improve staff relations and increase staff retention.
On the 28th of February we will be hosting a free event onboard the Sunborn in Gibraltar to talk about the state of Cyber Security in Gibraltar. This is a free to attend event, just click the button below to sign up at Eventbrite.
Firms operating in a regulated environment are facing unprecedented levels of regulatory scrutiny through financial regulators and other regulatory bodies who are taking a more intensive and intrusive supervisory approach. The regulatory bodies continue to focus on Conduct Risk and specifically firms’ ability to proactively identify, monitor and manage the risk of delivering poor outcomes for customers.
Cybercrime is a growing threat to individuals and businesses. New data protection regulations such as GDPR highlight the increasing need to train people so that they can undertake their responsibilities in cyber crime prevention. This course is designed to provide an oversight of cybercrime risks and basic defences that all employees can undertake in their day to day roles.
The event will be held on the 28th March 2019 at the Gibraltar University.
Session 1 has registration at 8:45 with a start of 9 am-10.30 am
Session 2 has registration at 10.30 with a start of 11 am - 12.30 pm
Fee is £40
Project Nexus is an initiative to outreach financial reporting entities that are obligated by law to submit Suspicious Activity Reports. The project will be delivered by stakeholders to enhance awareness, improve working practices and create a forum in order to keep abreast with AML and CFT requirements.
The National Coordinator for AML/CFT and GFIU will be delivering a presentation on Terrorist Financing and Proliferation Financing risks as highlighted in the Confidential TF NRA. The presentation will also include a geopolitical analysis; transnational crime, human trafficking, drugs trafficking, weapons smuggling in North Africa as a region in close proximity to Gibraltar and the recommendations of the ‘Monaco document’ on TF for International Finance Centres.
Skills & Digital Due Diligence
Unlock the Secrets
26th and 27th March 2019 at the University of Gibraltar
Delivered by Colin Tansley, MSc, M.A.B.I, TAP.Cert, ABILD
Director Intelect Solutions Ltd UK.
We have been asked to repeat this Workshop following the very successful Workshop earlier this year and your responses to our questionnaire. On this occasion we are running three courses consecutively.
The agenda for each day is set out below. Please be aware that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, provided the fee is paid at the time of reservation.
We are seeking a graduate to join our dynamic Compliance and Risk department and be part of the sixth largest professional services network in the world.
- Actual or predicted 2:1 degree (or eqivalent) and a minimum Grade B in English language GCSE;
- Fluent in English with good writing and interpersonal skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; and
- A great team worker, who is committed and passionate about what they do and takes pride in their work.
- Prior compliance, financial or law work experience pr related degree an advantage, but not essential as full training will be provided.
GACO hosted an event on “Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention - Risks and Opportunities” on the 17th October 2018. Featuring international speakers from a multitude of backgrounds with experience in this new industry, the event discussed law, regulation and technology in this minefield. It aimed to help delegates understand the basics of this new technology and the opportunities that may be available, through it. The event was attended by over 125 delegates.
GACO welcomes Tim Parkman to the Rock, who will provide AML and CFT training using the latest case studies and videos from his company, Lessons Learned Ltd. (www.lessonslearned.co.uk).
This workshop will cover:
- Summary of the current state of the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing
- Recent high-profile cases and their implications for firms
- ‘What Lies Beneath…’ Practical case study on risk assessment, hidden beneficial ownership and due diligence best practices
GACO welcomes Tim Parkman to the Rock, who will provide AML and CFT training using case studies and videos from his company, Lessons Learned Ltd (www.lessonslearned.co.uk).
This workshop will cover:
- Introduction to money laundering and terrorist financing
- International standards and Gibraltar legal requirements
- Why CDD is the key to it all: including an introduction to the risk-based approach
- Beneficial Ownership and Ultimate Beneficial Ownership
- Source of funds and source of wealth
More Articles ...
- GACO Breakfast event together with Crypkit - 15th Nov
- Blockchain explained: What it is and isn’t, and why it matters
- Ministry of Equality offers Gender Diversity and Inclusion Training on Unconscious Bias
- Why Gibraltar's so passionate about blockchain
- 2018 National Risk Assessment - Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risks
- Seminar: How ‘bullet-proof’ is your Source of Wealth Due Diligence?
- Gibraltar Day in Tel Aviv - 9th & 10th October
- Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention Risks and Opportunities
- Banking, insurance and other financial services if there’s no Brexit deal
- New Positions Available
- Best practices in Trust & Company Management Seminar
- Advanced Certificate in Managing Virtual Currency and Financial Crime Risks (2018)
- SEMINAR - Gambling and its compliance challenges in Gibraltar today
- Senior Compliance Office Position, Gibraltar
- EY Global Fraud Survey
- Taxing digital activities – comparing the UK, EU and OECD proposals
- Cryptocurrency – despite its name – is not accounted for as currency
- Comparing 4AMLD with the upcoming 5AMLD
- Anti-money laundering controls failing to detect terrorists, cartels, and sanctioned states
- Blockchain: Opportunities and challenges