GACO hosted an event on “Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention - Risks and Opportunities” on the 17th October 2018. Featuring international speakers from a multitude of backgrounds with experience in this new industry, the event discussed law, regulation and technology in this minefield. It aimed to help delegates understand the basics of this new technology and the opportunities that may be available, through it. The event was attended by over 125 delegates.
GACO welcomes Tim Parkman to the Rock, who will provide AML and CFT training using the latest case studies and videos from his company, Lessons Learned Ltd. (www.lessonslearned.co.uk).
This workshop will cover:
- Summary of the current state of the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing
- Recent high-profile cases and their implications for firms
- ‘What Lies Beneath…’ Practical case study on risk assessment, hidden beneficial ownership and due diligence best practices
GACO welcomes Tim Parkman to the Rock, who will provide AML and CFT training using case studies and videos from his company, Lessons Learned Ltd (www.lessonslearned.co.uk).
This workshop will cover:
- Introduction to money laundering and terrorist financing
- International standards and Gibraltar legal requirements
- Why CDD is the key to it all: including an introduction to the risk-based approach
- Beneficial Ownership and Ultimate Beneficial Ownership
- Source of funds and source of wealth
A toolkit for effective investment compliance, oversight and control of Crypto Currency investments.
If you, personally, or your clients have decided to get exposure to cryptocurrencies, you are probably asking yourself these questions:
Understanding how blockchain creates business value is essential for companies to identify the right use cases and move beyond small pilots to widespread adoption.
In this episode of the McKinsey Podcast, McKinsey partners Brant Carson and Matt Higginson speak with Simon London not only about how companies can drive business value through blockchain—but also how business leaders can determine when blockchain is and isn’t the right innovation.
Please kindly see the below information received via the Finance Centre regarding an event organised and promoted by the Ministry of Equality with the very interesting topic of Gender Diversity & Inclusion - Training on Unconscious Bias.
We would like to share with you the following youtube video showing as to why Gibraltar is at the forefront.
We would like to remind you about the following DLT/Blockchain/ICO event that GACO will be conducting on the 17th October 2018: https://www.gaco.gi/news/137-blockchain-and-financial-crime-prevention-risks-and-opportunities.
According the FATF National Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance Risk Assessment guide: "Identifying, assessing, and understanding ML/TF risks is an essential part of the implementation and development of a national anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regime, which includes laws, regulations, enforcement and other measures to mitigate ML/TF risks. It assists in the prioritisation and efficient allocation of resources by authorities.
GACO and C6 wish to welcome you to a Breakfast Seminar on the importance of having adequate Source of Wealth Due Diligence and to fully understand Ultimate Beneficial Ownership of clients and third parties in order to keep your organisation clear of sanction violations.
Nick Parfitt, Head of Market Planning C6 will discuss how you can avoid being exposed to sanction violations by properly assessing Ultimate Beneficial Ownership of clients and third parties; how fully unwrapping corporate structures will help your company expose compliance risks buried within the ownership structure of a company; and will demonstrate how a proper Source of Wealth Assessment goes beyond simply identifying the assets owned.
HM Government of Gibraltar, Gibraltar Finance will be hosting two “Gibraltar Day in Tel Aviv” events on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th October 2018. The events will take place at the prestigious Crowne Plaza Azrieli Centre Hotel, in the heart of Tel Aviv’s business district.
The confirmed events are:
A. Tuesday 9th October: An evening cocktail reception, hosted by Albert Isola, Minister for Commerce, will be held between 19:00 and 21:00. The cocktail reception is focused on senior management and executives from the Israeli finance sector.
More Articles ...
- Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention Risks and Opportunities
- Banking, insurance and other financial services if there’s no Brexit deal
- New Positions Available
- Best practices in Trust & Company Management Seminar
- Advanced Certificate in Managing Virtual Currency and Financial Crime Risks (2018)
- SEMINAR - Gambling and its compliance challenges in Gibraltar today
- Senior Compliance Office Position, Gibraltar
- EY Global Fraud Survey
- Taxing digital activities – comparing the UK, EU and OECD proposals
- Cryptocurrency – despite its name – is not accounted for as currency
- Comparing 4AMLD with the upcoming 5AMLD
- Anti-money laundering controls failing to detect terrorists, cartels, and sanctioned states
- Blockchain: Opportunities and challenges
- Upcoming GACO Events in 2018
- Government of Gibraltar Publishes White Paper Covering “Token Regulation”
- British Government Confirms barrier-free access to U.K. For Gibraltar financial services licensees
- New Book - Operational Due Diligence Guide to Best Practice Standards
- Gibraltar High Value Dealers & Gibraltar Real Estate Agents
- Better Understanding your Obligations in terms of Accounting and Disclosure Requirements for Gibraltar Companies
- What keeps MLROs awake at night?