For all sectors of financial services, the gaming industry, and other sectors of the business community such as real estate and high value dealers, having employees and management with appropriate knowledge and awareness of the financial crime controls that need to be in place and any regulatory developments is paramount. For this reason, GACO is committed to offering annual anti-money laundering training and counter-terrorism financing and is happy to invite you to attend this year’s sessions which shall be delivered by David Parody.
Speakers: James Lasry & Jay Gomez
Date: 15th October 2020
Time: 9.00 - 10.00hrs (including 15 minutes Q&A)
Price: £35 for GACO & GFIA Members; £50 for non-members
Target Audience: Compliance Officers & MLROs, Senior Management in Banks, any Person interested in knowing more about Gibraltar Funds.
Although the funds industry in Gibraltar has come a long way since its launch in 2005 and Gibraltar Funds, mainly private and experienced investor funds, are an important sector of the financial industry, for many professionals in the industry they are still unknown or there are certain questions that remain unanswered.
Webinar Event 30th Sept: A New Paradigm - Successful Management Style for the XXI century or a new breed of Compliance Managers
We are very happy in connection with Brightmed Gibraltar to announce the following very interesting webinar that is not only addressed at MLRO's and Compliance Officers but as well to any Senior Manager as well as anyone dealing with MLRO's and Compliance Officers on a daily basis.
The title of the Webinar is:
A New Paradigm - Successful Management Style for the XXI century or a new breed of Compliance Managers, where the quality of the future leadership and the success of their organisation is reflected in the standards they set for themselves.
- Date: 22nd of July 2020
- Starting time: 10.30am CEST/09.30am UK time
- Short introduction by Joanne Beiso, GFSC Gibraltar
- 1 hour presentation
- 30 mins questions
The EU has adopted a new harmonised prudential regime that will apply to all investment firms authorised in the EU from June 2021. The new Investment Firm Regulation and Directive (IFR/IFD) will treat some firms as if they were credit institutions and subject them to the same prudential rules as deposit-taking banks, while imposing entirely new and potentially challenging capital, consolidation, reporting, governance and remuneration requirements on other investment firms. Firms need to act now to prepare for the application of the new regime.
Over the years, the techniques used by money launderers, financial criminals and terrorists have evolved in response to governmental and institutional countermeasures. In recent years, facing increased anti-money laundering legislation and more advanced AML/CTF procedures in credit and financial institutions, some money launderers and terrorists resorted to the non-financial sector to conceal their criminal revenues.
In accordance with clauses 8.3, 9.5 and 16.1 of the Constitution, notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting will be held at 09.30 on Thursday 2nd July 2020 online via GoToMeeting Application.
1. Approval of the minutes of the 2019 Annual General Meeting held on 10th July 2019
2. Chairperson’s Report
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Training Committee Report
5. Ratification of Executive Committee Actions
6. Election of Executive Committee for calendar year 2021 (see notes 1 & 2 below)
7. Members’ subscription fees for calendar year 2021 (see note 3 below)
8. Any Other Business
Read more and registration: https://www.gaco.gi/general-meeting-2020
GACO is pleased to announce its latest virtual training session which will be delivered free to our members.
Risk assessments are fundamental to the effective implementation of a risk-based approach to AML/CFT. A national risk assessment is key for a jurisdiction to comply with the FATF standards, and business risk assessments are required for entities to meet local obligations.
Delivering the training will be Nicky Gomez and Nathan Catania from XReg Consulting. XReg is a consultancy firm in Gibraltar founded by former GFSC regulators that specialises in regulatory compliance.
Further to the Cybersecurity seminar which was due to have taken place on 25th March 2020 and which we had to cancel in view of the current COVID-19 crisis, we have re-scheduled this to now take place by online webinar.
The re-scheduled event will now be held next Wednesday 29th April at 10.00hrs CET and will be free of charge.
Should you wish to register for this event, please do so below:
Gibraltar risk and compliance professionals join with CISI to raise professional standards in global financial markets
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) and the Gibraltar Association of Compliance Officers (GACO) are delighted to announce a collaboration aimed at strengthening the culture, integrity and professionalism of financial services markets and practitioners.
The confirmation will mean that reciprocal arrangements will be in place for members of both organisations to access mutual qualifications, membership and continuing professional development (CPD) content.
This is an opportunity to join a successful insurance company and highly-skilled team, who offer long term career growth. Haven are a successful insurance company with a strong growth strategy and this role is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in compliance. You will be operating the Company’s compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, ensuring the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations.
Haven is committed to developing members of its team, and provides funding for relevant training and qualifications.
More Articles ...
- Cyber Security of the Future
- Ten things compliance officers need to do in 2020 (Thomson Reuters' Webinar)
- GACO Anti-Money laundering training 2019
- Gibraltar Association of Compliance Officers hold "Risk on the Rock" conference
- Moneyland by Oliver Bullough review – the shadow world of the super-rich
- Senior Compliance Officer Required
- Legislative Reform Programme (“LRP”)
- Compliance Positions Available in Gibraltar
- Risk on the Rock: the Changing Risk Landscape
- BPP 8th Annual Business and Finance Conference, Guernsey
- Annual General Meeting
- Improving the Quality of Suspicious Activity Reports in e-Gaming
- Invitation to BrightMed International Seminar 'Managing chaos'
- GDPR One Year On: a look at how the EU Regulators have enforced the GDPR since May 2018 and if companies have achieved GDPR compliance or not.
- Compliance Officer – Haven Insurance Company Limited
- Advanced Certificate In Managing Virtual Currency And Financial Crime Risks (2019)
- The Blockchain Rock - Hassans Presentation
- Sanctions Act 2019
- 25h April - Debunking the Soft Skills Myth - Essential Skills for Effective Management
- State of Cyber Security - Gibraltar