Compliance Officer – Haven Insurance Company Limited
This is an opportunity to join a successful insurance company and highly-skilled team, who offer long term career growth. Haven are a successful insurance company with a strong growth strategy, with the company achieving a CAGR rate of 34%. You will be operating the Company’s compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, ensuring the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations. Haven is part of a wider group which includes UK distribution and claims services.
The right candidate will also have the opportunity to develop the group compliance strategy, providing further progression possibilities. Haven is committed to developing members of its team, and provides funding for relevant training and qualifications.
• Implementation and maintenance of an effective Solvency II compliant system of governance, including internal control policies whilst ensuring adherence to the same.
• Coordination of Solvency II Pillar 2 reporting, including the ORSA, SFCR and RSR. • Remain up to date on regulatory and legal issues affecting the business, identifying gaps and implementing action plans to ensure compliance.
• Management of Internal Audits; participating in the appointment of independent auditors, organising audit documentation, and presentation of audit plans to the Company’s Audit, Risk and Corporate Governance (ARCG) Committee.
• Maintain and continuously review risk management system, including the risk register, risk appetite and corresponding policies.
• Provide compliance and regulatory advice.
• Manage service provider audits; coordinate audit schedule, assist with completion of audit documents, organise necessary internal approvals, and follow up on action required.
• Carry out compliance audits on third party suppliers, ensuring effective governance, risk management and adherence to the service agreement.
• Create and present compliance reports for the ARCG Committee and the Board. • Provide compliance training. • Maintain Procedures Manual for multiple company functions.
• Fulfil the role of MLRO; maintaining and implementing Anti-Money Laundering procedures. • Manage the review, drafting and renewal of necessary legal agreements including Service Agreements.
• ARCG Committee – Organise meetings and content, taking meeting minutes and maintaining the Committee Terms of Reference. • Oversee the complaints function, ensuring compliance with FCA guidelines.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant Data Protection legislation and maintain reporting on the same. Assist with DPIAs, where necessary. • Review customer policy wordings and documentation, ensuring it complies with regulatory guidance.
• Coordinate third party KYC Requests, ensuring corporate information is accurate.
Required skills: - Experience in a similar role. - Knowledge of Solvency II is an advantage. - Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write comprehensive and detailed reports. - Comprehensive knowledge of legal, compliance and regulatory issues affecting the insurance industry. - Strong attention to detail. - Strong organisational skills. - Proactive approach, with ability to work on own initiative. Some travel will be required to our UK companies’ offices. If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com.