Please kindly see the below information received via the Finance Centre regarding an event organised and promoted by the Ministry of Equality with the very interesting topic of Gender Diversity & Inclusion - Training on Unconscious Bias.
We would like to share with you the following youtube video showing as to why Gibraltar is at the forefront.
We would like to remind you about the following DLT/Blockchain/ICO event that GACO will be conducting on the 17th October 2018: https://www.gaco.gi/news/137-blockchain-and-financial-crime-prevention-risks-and-opportunities.
According the FATF National Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance Risk Assessment guide: "Identifying, assessing, and understanding ML/TF risks is an essential part of the implementation and development of a national anti-money laundering / countering the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT) regime, which includes laws, regulations, enforcement and other measures to mitigate ML/TF risks. It assists in the prioritisation and efficient allocation of resources by authorities.
GACO and C6 wish to welcome you to a Breakfast Seminar on the importance of having adequate Source of Wealth Due Diligence and to fully understand Ultimate Beneficial Ownership of clients and third parties in order to keep your organisation clear of sanction violations.
Nick Parfitt, Head of Market Planning C6 will discuss how you can avoid being exposed to sanction violations by properly assessing Ultimate Beneficial Ownership of clients and third parties; how fully unwrapping corporate structures will help your company expose compliance risks buried within the ownership structure of a company; and will demonstrate how a proper Source of Wealth Assessment goes beyond simply identifying the assets owned.
HM Government of Gibraltar, Gibraltar Finance will be hosting two “Gibraltar Day in Tel Aviv” events on Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th October 2018. The events will take place at the prestigious Crowne Plaza Azrieli Centre Hotel, in the heart of Tel Aviv’s business district.
The confirmed events are:
A. Tuesday 9th October: An evening cocktail reception, hosted by Albert Isola, Minister for Commerce, will be held between 19:00 and 21:00. The cocktail reception is focused on senior management and executives from the Israeli finance sector.
GACO is delighted to invite you to this practical workshop. Addressing key issues on technology, law, regulation, internal controls and criminal typologies, the programme aims to help get delegates beneath the high fence of tech-jargon and incomprehensible blockchain diagrams, so as to truly understand the basic principles of this break-through technology, how it works, what it can be used for and what the implications are - now and in the future - for the working roles which they perform.
A scenario in which the UK leaves the EU without agreement (a ‘no deal’ scenario) remains unlikely given the mutual interests of the UK and the EU in securing a negotiated outcome.
Negotiations are progressing well and both we and the EU continue to work hard to seek a positive deal. However, it’s our duty as a responsible government to prepare for all eventualities, including ‘no deal’, until we can be certain of the outcome of those negotiations.
We are happy to invite you to the seminar on Best Practices in Trust & Company Management that was organised in conjunction by GACO, ATCOM Gibraltar and STEP Gibraltar and that has been set up and will be delivered by CLT International Limited and their designated speaker John Harper, FCA, FCIS, FCMI, F.Inst.TT, TEP.
The course is designed to support risk professionals, anti-money laundering laundering professionals and VC industry practitioners in understanding more about the development of VC and how to manage associated financial crime risks. Core learning is provided via a detailed course manual, with additional media providing further help and guidance on some of the course’s key learning points.
More Articles ...
- SEMINAR - Gambling and its compliance challenges in Gibraltar today
- Senior Compliance Office Position, Gibraltar
- EY Global Fraud Survey
- Taxing digital activities – comparing the UK, EU and OECD proposals
- Cryptocurrency – despite its name – is not accounted for as currency
- Comparing 4AMLD with the upcoming 5AMLD
- Anti-money laundering controls failing to detect terrorists, cartels, and sanctioned states
- Blockchain: Opportunities and challenges
- Upcoming GACO Events in 2018
- Government of Gibraltar Publishes White Paper Covering “Token Regulation”
- British Government Confirms barrier-free access to U.K. For Gibraltar financial services licensees
- New Book - Operational Due Diligence Guide to Best Practice Standards
- Gibraltar High Value Dealers & Gibraltar Real Estate Agents
- Better Understanding your Obligations in terms of Accounting and Disclosure Requirements for Gibraltar Companies
- What keeps MLROs awake at night?
- GDPR Roles & Responsibilities for Data Protection Officers Seminar
- GACO & Intelect Solutions - Internet Investigative Skills - Digital Due Diligence Program
- GACO Featured in The Gibraltar Magazine January 2018
- MONEYVAL publishes a report on the Holy See
- GCID SAR Presentation at The Rock Hotel, 18th December