HM Government of Gibraltar has today published a white paper covering “Token Regulation”. The document can be viewed by clicking on this link to the Gibraltar Finance website.
The British Government has today confirmed that Gibraltar Financial Services providers and Gibraltar gaming operators will continue to have access to the U.K. markets post-Brexit by means of a bilateral arrangement designed to secure freedom of movement of services between Gibraltar and the United Kingdom.
We are thrilled to announce the publication of our Operational Due Diligence Guide to Best Practice Standards.
With MiFID II and the advent of GDPR, compliance and regulatory standards are very much in the spotlight. This means ensuring your firm meets these standards from an operational due diligence (ODD) perspective has never been more important.
As I am sure you are aware Estate Agents and High Value Dealers need now to follow the requirements of the Proceeds of Crimes Act. Non-compliance does of course have potentially severe consequences on your business and the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has the responsibility of supervising adherence to the law.
Better Understanding your Obligations in terms of Accounting and Disclosure Requirements for Gibraltar Companies
GACO in conjunction with HAT Group of Accountants is very happy to organise this Evening Seminar on the subject of better understanding your obligations in terms of accounting and disclosure requirements for Gibraltar Companies.
The risks for MLROs are high. If authorities can prove that preventions for money laundering were not sufficient then it could lead to imprisonment.
Each firm within the UK regulated financial services sector is required to appoint a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) who is the focal point for a firm’s adherence to anti-money laundering and terrorist financing regulations, reporting to a director or senior manager.
GACO together with Rock Learning are offering a one-day training seminar with a UK-based Data Protection Consultant on the additional duties that will be required under the GDPR for DPOs.
Suitable for Data Protection Professionals, Lawyers, Compliance Officers, MLROs & Senior Management who already have a basic understanding of the new legislation.
GACO together with GII sucessfully organised and conducted a seminar with Intelect Solutions on Internet Investigative Skills - Digital Due Diligence Program, whereby Conlin Tansley MSc, M.A.B.I., showed the participants how to make their online searches more efficient and effective.
Carlos Martins speaks with The Gibraltar Magazine about the ICA and GACO and their missions.
More Articles ...
- GCID SAR Presentation at The Rock Hotel, 18th December
- EU publishes its first tax haven blacklist
- GDPR Seminar Success at the Sunborn
- Outcomes Joint FATF/GAFILAT Plenary, 1-3 November 2017
- UK Reporting Obligations and UK Taxation of Offshore Structures Seminar
- Authorised DLT Regulatory Framework from January 2018
- Launch of Project NEXUS
- Jurisdiction Risks and Threats
- 4MLD and Amendments to POCA
- 2017 Basel Index Report Download
- Jersey companies incorporated to implement tax scheme were UK resident, says tax tribunal
- Crowdfunding models explained
- MiFID II and MiFIR
- Pan-European Personal Pension Product (PEPP)
- GDPR messages for the boardroom
- Preparing for the new anti-money laundering rules
- Why Are So Many Smart People So Stupid About the GDPR?
- Impending Data Protection Laws Place EU Operators At Risk
- How risk averse compliance teams are literally ruining the world
- The Promise of RegTech