This is an opportunity to join a successful insurance company and highly-skilled team, who offer long term career growth. Haven are a successful insurance company with a strong growth strategy, with the company achieving a CAGR rate of 34%. You will be operating the Company’s compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, ensuring the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations. Haven is part of a wider group which includes UK distribution and claims services.
The course is designed to support risk professionals, anti-money laundering laundering professionals and VA industry practitioners in understanding more about the development of VA and how to manage associated financial crime risks. Core learning is provided via a detailed course manual, with additional media providing further help and guidance on some of the course’s key learning points.
On the 28th March 2019 HM Government of Gibraltar published the Sanctions Act (the “Act”) to give effect to numerous international requirements relating to financial and other sanctions. This Act consolidates and makes it clearer for businesses to understand what international, and local, sanctions apply in given circumstances.
The session will focus on the key skills used to resolve and diminish usual office conflicts and propose a systematic methodology (inspired by Mediation skills) which cannot only resolve key issues faced in office settings, but also help motivate staff, improve staff relations and increase staff retention.
On the 28th of February we will be hosting a free event onboard the Sunborn in Gibraltar to talk about the state of Cyber Security in Gibraltar. This is a free to attend event, just click the button below to sign up at Eventbrite.
Firms operating in a regulated environment are facing unprecedented levels of regulatory scrutiny through financial regulators and other regulatory bodies who are taking a more intensive and intrusive supervisory approach. The regulatory bodies continue to focus on Conduct Risk and specifically firms’ ability to proactively identify, monitor and manage the risk of delivering poor outcomes for customers.
Cybercrime is a growing threat to individuals and businesses. New data protection regulations such as GDPR highlight the increasing need to train people so that they can undertake their responsibilities in cyber crime prevention. This course is designed to provide an oversight of cybercrime risks and basic defences that all employees can undertake in their day to day roles.
The event will be held on the 28th March 2019 at the Gibraltar University.
Session 1 has registration at 8:45 with a start of 9 am-10.30 am
Session 2 has registration at 10.30 with a start of 11 am - 12.30 pm
Fee is £40
Project Nexus is an initiative to outreach financial reporting entities that are obligated by law to submit Suspicious Activity Reports. The project will be delivered by stakeholders to enhance awareness, improve working practices and create a forum in order to keep abreast with AML and CFT requirements.
The National Coordinator for AML/CFT and GFIU will be delivering a presentation on Terrorist Financing and Proliferation Financing risks as highlighted in the Confidential TF NRA. The presentation will also include a geopolitical analysis; transnational crime, human trafficking, drugs trafficking, weapons smuggling in North Africa as a region in close proximity to Gibraltar and the recommendations of the ‘Monaco document’ on TF for International Finance Centres.
Skills & Digital Due Diligence
Unlock the Secrets
26th and 27th March 2019 at the University of Gibraltar
Delivered by Colin Tansley, MSc, M.A.B.I, TAP.Cert, ABILD
Director Intelect Solutions Ltd UK.
We have been asked to repeat this Workshop following the very successful Workshop earlier this year and your responses to our questionnaire. On this occasion we are running three courses consecutively.
The agenda for each day is set out below. Please be aware that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, provided the fee is paid at the time of reservation.
More Articles ...
- Graduate Compliance and Risk Trainee (Full Time)
- Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention Event Photos
- Advanced AML Invitation (28th, 29th November 2018)
- Core AML Invitation (28th November from 9.15am to 12.30pm)
- GACO Breakfast event together with Crypkit - 15th Nov
- Blockchain explained: What it is and isn’t, and why it matters
- Ministry of Equality offers Gender Diversity and Inclusion Training on Unconscious Bias
- Why Gibraltar's so passionate about blockchain
- 2018 National Risk Assessment - Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risks
- Seminar: How ‘bullet-proof’ is your Source of Wealth Due Diligence?
- Gibraltar Day in Tel Aviv - 9th & 10th October
- Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention Risks and Opportunities
- Banking, insurance and other financial services if there’s no Brexit deal
- New Positions Available
- Best practices in Trust & Company Management Seminar
- Advanced Certificate in Managing Virtual Currency and Financial Crime Risks (2018)
- SEMINAR - Gambling and its compliance challenges in Gibraltar today
- Senior Compliance Office Position, Gibraltar
- EY Global Fraud Survey
- Taxing digital activities – comparing the UK, EU and OECD proposals