The core role is the compliance oversight of the activities of three Gibraltarbased insurance companies; Markerstudy Insurance Company Ltd, St Julians Insurance Company Ltd and Zenith Insurance PLC. You will be the first point of contact with the GFSC and other regulatory bodies. The main
Compliance positions currently available in Gibraltar. Please visit www.fcr.gi for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compliance Administrator – salary £20000 / £23000
Looking for someone who is highly organised, able to prioritise work therefore excellent time management skills. Excellent attention to detail to be able to analyse data quickly and accurately. A person who has an interest in compliance and risk and is able to build collaborative relationships internally and externally.
GACO is delighted to invite you to this keynote Conference focusing on change. Today we live in uncertain times, with risk evolving at pace and in new directions. This brings both threats and opportunities to your business – in order to succeed, you will need to adjust your thinking accordingly. To help you manage the changing risk landscape, we have brought together outstanding international and local speakers to provide not only valuable insights for all of us in Gibraltar but entertaining delivery also.
Date: Thursday 19 Sep 2019
Time: from 11.30 am
Venue: Sunborn Yacht Hotel
Price: £150 for GACO Members
*2nd and subsequent applications to attend will be at £140 unless early bird price applies.
Early bird offer: £130*
*For GACO members, for payments before 9th August
£180 for Non-Members
BPP is hosting its 8th Annual Business and Finance Conference in Guernsey on 10 December 2019 at The Duke of Richmond Hotel.
The speaker line-up and agenda includes:
- Gareth Rees, QC, Partner at King & Spalding and Former Executive Director of Enforcement and Executive Counsel at the Financial Reporting Council (FRC), delivering a presentation on ‘Case Studies in Accounting Malpractice’
- Jo Huxtable, Partner at Deloitte LLP, delivering a presentation on ‘2019 Tax Update’
- Katherine Jane, Director of Risk and Financial Stability at the Guernsey Financial Services Commission, delivering a presentation on ‘2019 Regulatory Update’
- Dr Andy Sloan, Deputy Chief Executive, Strategy at Guernsey Finance & Chair of Guernsey Green Finance, delivering a presentation on ‘Sustainable Finance’
In accordance with clauses 8.3, 9.5 and 16.1 of the Constitution, notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting will be held at 09.30 on Wednesday 10th July 2019 in the Gibraltar Finance Centre Boardroom, GIBRALTAR.
1. Approval of the minutes of the Annual General Meeting 7th June 2018
2. Chairperson’s Report
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. Training Committee Report
5. Social Media & Networking Committee’
6. Ratification of Executive Committee Actions
7. Election of Executive Committee 2020 (see notes 1 & 2 below)
8. Subscriptions for 2020 (see note 3 below)
9. Any Other Business
The GFIU in collaboration with GACO, have invited Christina Thakor-Rankin to run a workshop on improving the quality of SARs from the e-gaming sector. Christina has over 20 years’ experience in the betting and gaming industry, working with some of the sector’s biggest names. The number of SARs submitted to the GFIU has increased dramatically in 2018 in comparison to previous years.
- Date & Time: 2nd July 2019 @ 09.00hrs – 12.30hrs
- Speaker: Christina Thakor-Rankin
- Fees: £30.00 per person
- Venue: Finance Centre Boardroom
We are delighted to invite you to the International Seminar on ‘Managing chaos’ organised by BrightMed with the support of GFIA and GACO.
The event will take place on Thursday 13th of June at the University of Gibraltar from 8:45 to 12:00. The aim is to discuss positively the theme of chaos and how to embrace it at a corporate level to ensure a positive and rewarding outcome.
GDPR One Year On: a look at how the EU Regulators have enforced the GDPR since May 2018 and if companies have achieved GDPR compliance or not.
12th June at the Gibraltar Finance Centre, 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Brief Outline of Seminar Topic: A whistle stop tour, guided by our lead data protection expert, Anita Lines, around the most important GDPR enforcement activity including real life scenarios from the UK and Gibraltar. If you think you are compliant, or fear that you are not, this breakfast briefing will help. Find out how European Regulators are approaching organisations to request evidence of compliance to the GDPR – even in circumstances when there has not been a breach or a complaint.
More Articles ...
- Compliance Officer – Haven Insurance Company Limited
- Advanced Certificate In Managing Virtual Currency And Financial Crime Risks (2019)
- The Blockchain Rock - Hassans Presentation
- Sanctions Act 2019
- 25h April - Debunking the Soft Skills Myth - Essential Skills for Effective Management
- State of Cyber Security - Gibraltar
- Conduct, Culture & Accountability – Joining the dots - 20th March
- Cyber Security Risk Management Event - 28th March
- Project Nexus - Terrorist Financing NRA - 20th February
- Interactive Workshop on Internet Investigative
- Graduate Compliance and Risk Trainee (Full Time)
- Blockchain and Financial Crime Prevention Event Photos
- Advanced AML Invitation (28th, 29th November 2018)
- Core AML Invitation (28th November from 9.15am to 12.30pm)
- GACO Breakfast event together with Crypkit - 15th Nov
- Blockchain explained: What it is and isn’t, and why it matters
- Ministry of Equality offers Gender Diversity and Inclusion Training on Unconscious Bias
- Why Gibraltar's so passionate about blockchain
- 2018 National Risk Assessment - Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Risks
- Seminar: How ‘bullet-proof’ is your Source of Wealth Due Diligence?