Compliance Officer Position – Haven Insurance Company Limited
This is an opportunity to join a successful insurance company and highly-skilled team, who offer long term career growth. Haven are a successful insurance company with a strong growth strategy and this role is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in compliance. You will be operating the Company’s compliance, risk and corporate governance frameworks, ensuring the Company comply with all applicable legislation and regulations.
Haven is committed to developing members of its team, and provides funding for relevant training and qualifications.
• Maintenance of the company’s system of governance, including internal control policies whilst ensuring adherence to the same.
• Assist in the coordination of regulatory reporting.
• Remain up to date on regulatory and legal issues affecting the business, working with the Head of Compliance on implementing action plans to ensure compliance.
• Assist in the compilation of compliance material for Committee and Board meetings.
• Maintain and continuously review the company’s risk management system, including the risk register, and corresponding policies.
• Provide compliance and regulatory advice.
• Conduct monitoring activities, identifying and reporting on control issues.
• Manage service provider audits; coordinate audit schedule, assist with completion of audit documents, and follow up on action required.
• Maintain Procedures Manual for multiple company functions.
• Oversee the complaints function, ensuring compliance with FCA guidelines.
• Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant Data Protection legislation and maintain reporting on the same. Assist with DPIAs, where necessary.
• Review customer policy wordings and documentation, ensuring it complies with regulatory guidance.
• Coordinate third party KYC Requests, ensuring corporate information is accurate.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to write comprehensive and detailed reports.
- Willingness to acquire detailed knowledge of legal, compliance and regulatory issues affecting the insurance industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proactive approach, with ability to work on own initiative.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV along with a covering letter to: email@example.com.