Interactive Workshop on Internet Investigative
Skills & Digital Due Diligence
Unlock the Secrets
26th and 27th March 2019 at the University of Gibraltar
Delivered by Colin Tansley, MSc, M.A.B.I, TAP.Cert, ABILD
Director Intelect Solutions Ltd UK.
We have been asked to repeat this Workshop following the very successful Workshop earlier this year and your responses to our questionnaire. On this occasion we are running three courses consecutively.
The agenda for each day is set out below. Please be aware that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis, provided the fee is paid at the time of reservation.
- Registration - 8:45-9:00 am
- Start - 9:00 am
- Morning Break - 10:30-10:45 am
- Lunch - 12:30-1:30 pm
- Afternoon Break - 2:30-2:45 pm
- Finish - 5:00 pm
Lunch is provided.
Venue: The University of Gibraltar, Europa Point Campus
*The qualification will be paid for and taken on line by delegates that have attended the required sessions as above. You can take the qualification at a time to suit you. The exam charge is £74.99. Colin Tansley will pass the details of candidates that have attended the required sessions to the examiners who issue the certificate on successful results. Details of the qualification can be found at:
Please note that GACO has not approved or verified this qualification and takes no responsibility for it or the fee payable.
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
This course provides a comprehensive introduction into Interactive Due Diligence information, search engines, online search techniques and assessment of such. It also provides a practical approach to business intelligence by providing the tools necessary to enhance your capabilities.
Colin Tansley’s ‘Digital Due Diligence’ course has been developed to serve the needs of those involved in compliance, AML and financial services industries.
Why you should attend this training:
Google is estimated to have indexed 60 trillion web pages, but that only represents about 5% of the amount of information that is on the Internet. If you rely solely on Google to search you will be missing things.
Search engine results are configured by complex algorithms. They are automated, it might seem to make your life easier but without a knowledge of what is going on in the background you can be misled into thinking the information you are looking for doesn’t exist. The way you search is extremely important.
Most Web users don’t bother looking beyond Page 1 of their search returns and just go on to enter another search query. Learning to search in a focused way will save you and your company time and money.
It’s vital to be in possession of good quality data when conducting your online Enhanced Due Diligence enquiries. This course will show you how to discern the difference between information and intelligence.
Cyber Crime is on the increase and an attack on your business can be devastating from a reputational and legal perspective. According to studies over 90% of security breaches have their origins in human error. This course will teach you how to operate safely online and take care of the personal and sensitive data you will find.
PROGRAMME & LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand the differences between the surface, deep and dark web
- To construct and apply the most effective search terms when searching for online information
- To apply investigative techniques when searching the Internet for information
- Critically evaluate online data and understand how to identity credible sources
- To operate in a safe manner when online and whilst handling sensitive data
- Understanding the Internet - Delegates will be able to explain accurately and without reference to notes, relevant Internet terminology and infrastructure
- Subscription databases - Delegates will be able to explain the value and limitations of subscription databases
- Basic search techniques - Delegates will be able to accurately conduct effective web search enquiries without reference to notes
- Credibility and Assessment of online information - Delegates will be able to explain accurately and without reference to notes, how to identify good quality information sources and develop those sources into business intelligence
- Advanced search techniques - Delegates will be able to explain and use a variety of tools and techniques that will enhance their online search capabilities
Outcomes & Benefits:
- Delegates will leave this training with;
- A better understanding of how the Internet is structured, which in turn will help search queries and approach
- Exposure to the wealth of information available when conducting CDD enquiries
- An awareness of the threat to CDD from the Dark Web
- The ability to get better quality information in a more efficient manner
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This interactive workshop will have a very practical hands-on approach using Computers and the Internet to adapt and create Interactive Due Diligence techniques and awareness of the information available online.
Colin Tansley - MSc, M.A.B.I, TAP.Cert, ABILD - Director Intelect Solutions Ltd UK.
Colin Tansley is the founder and owner of Intelect Solutions. Intelect Solutions are an independent investigation and training company who work closely with a network of trusted, credible and selected partners. A former law enforcement officer he retired at senior level from the police service in 2008. A highly experienced investigator he possesses extensive knowledge of the Internet and how to access credible information. He has delivered training for over 16 years and is certified by TAP (Training Accreditation Programme) as a learning and development practitioner. Colin is also a member of the Association of British Investigators (ABI) and EPIC (Ex Police in Commerce).